Thursday, April 24, 2008

Work in Progress to Gallery Installation

I am documenting the creation of a piece that I am working on for the Process show. I will continue to update as the work continues.
I start with a really rough sketch of what I want to make.I then make lots of drawings to create images that will tell a story.
Next, I scan in the drawings and print them on strong paper any size that is appropriate for the project.Then, I cut the images out and make them into little objects or silhouettes to be photographed in a staged setting. The stage is coming together, it is three feet wide. I am planning on adding some lights.Here are a few of the animals and domestic objects that I will be using in the series.

a closer view of the strange world
I have added some pink and purple lights, and begin taking photos.


One of the final images from this series. I will be showinng this in the Process show.Packing everything up to take to the gallery.Ryan, Alison, and I hang the work in the gallery.
A detail of the installationThe final installation.

5 comments:

jenny said...

i am so inspired. i love to see how a piece comes together. so cool. you rock. remember me when you're famous.

Kathryn said...

Ab, this looks so good. I'm amzed you did all this after such a hard time. I guess you are just a genius.

RicAnn said...

Abbi-
It looks amazing! I so proud of you, thats a lot of hard work and it turned out great. As I knew it would. I am so sad I am going to miss it :( Good luck!

Becky said...

Oooh! I love it! I can't wait to see it in person! Now you can relax for a little bit!

AngiDe said...

WHOA!!! that's all I can say, WHOA!!! That's AMAZING!