Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Drawing goes where it wants to...

This drawing I began last night for one of my donors for Drawing for ARDS. I started out with the intentions of drawing something that matched the words that she had sent me. However, the drawing just kept going in an alternate direction. I don't like to stop myself when a project is going someplace unexpected, so I just continued. Perhaps she will like the drawing, or maybe she won't. It didn't turn out how I expected, but I like it.
Materials used: watercolor pencils, graphite on rag paper.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Abby,
I LOVE it! Thanks for being inspired for me. You're amazing.

pamela said...

i'm glad you just let it take this direction. very nice.

Abbigail said...

Alright Emily, it is yours for sure! I will send it along when I send the others in a few weeks.

Becky said...

I really like this one. It seems like your drawings are just really pouring out! At least from my end. You could be having huge creative blocks along the way, but they turn out amazing!