Thursday, September 11, 2008

Studio turns to play room


I was determined to clean out my studio to make more room for another table and more work space. I soon realized what I needed more then more work space was something for my daughter to do while I was working. Kitty is almost always in the studio when I am drawing asking for this or that and wanting to play. I decided to bring in some of her things: kitchen, dollhouse, car garage, cash register as well as her art supplies. So far it has been working well and she plays much more and is less distracting in my studio. She really enjoys cutting paper as you can see in the second photo. So good bye more work space, hello play land!

3 comments:

Carly said...

Abbi, loved seeing the fp car garage in your studio. We have the exact one at our house from when we were kids.

pamela said...

oh hooray hooray hooray for this. kitty is so lucky to grow up by your side, watching you make it work!

**i am currently also trying to overhaul my studio, but it's more of a reclamation project as my kids have full run of the place.

Abbigail said...

The FP car garage is a new vintage find. I got it at a thrift store in town for $2, I was thrilled because it was my favorite as a child and Kitty has loved the elevator.