Friday, January 1, 2010

Working Again

After weeks and months of feeling ill due to my pregnancy, I am back working again. I am so happy to be making drawings and trying some new techniques.
Emily, a friend of mine from grad school, invited me to participate in an exhibition The Other F Word at the University of Minnesota Morris. I have started work on two new drawings hoping to complete and send them to Minnesota within two weeks. These photos of the drawings are in process and very rough.
Graphite, gold spray paint, and watercolor on rag paper.
My proposal for a solo show at the Waldron Art Center was accepted! In the next few months I will be preparing for Delusions: Abbigail Knowlton Israelsen at the Flashlight Gallery of the Waldron Art Center in Bloomington, Indiana. The show opens in the beginning of May and will keep my mind off of my growing belly and keep my hands very busy.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats, Abbi! Your creative drive is inspiring to me. I didn't feel like doing anything creative (especially writing) during pregnancy and for about 8 months after birth.

pamela said...

ooo i am loving the snake/mushroom ones.

Amy said...

I love these drawings! Especially the one with the geodes in it. I am very taken by crystally things lately. Congrats on the show too! It's always good to have something to work towards.

Abbigail said...

Thank you all. I will post some pics when the drawings are finished.

Carly said...

I love that mixed media one Abbi! Sounds like you will have a lot to keep you busy in the next few months.